Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pockets

Sam's teacher taught his class how to use the pockets in their coats last week. Friday after I zipped up his coat, I turned away from Sam and when I looked back, he had his hands in his pockets. I thought it was funny and took a picture:

Sam got very preoccupied with having his hands in his pockets. We walked out on the front porch to go shopping, and he just stopped at the top of the stairs and looked down. He WOULD NOT go down the stairs because that would require taking his hands out of his pockets to balance himself. After a few requests to hold my hand (all met with an affirmative "no!"), we just picked him up and carried him to the van and put him in his carseat:

This created another problem because he needed to take his hands out of his pockets so Ben could put his seatbelt on. He was NOT having it and this is what happened:

He eventually figured out how to get his hands back in his pockets and was VERY pleased with himself.


At the mall, Sam refused to take off his coat (despite having 2 layers on underneath) and walked around the mall like an old man with his hands in his pockets the whole time.

When we got home, I had to tackle him to get him to take off his coat and consoled him by showing him that he has pockets in his pants. This is how he walked around the house until bedtime.

This morning he was ecstatic when he realized that his Browns sweatshirt also has.....POCKETS!!!




No comments: