Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hell's Angel

Sam is REALLY into motorcycles. Kind of obsessed, actually. It all started when he heard (and later saw) our neighbor's motorcycle months ago. You know how kids go through phases where they are really interested in something and then drop it? I keep wondering when that will happen, but I don't think it's going to be anytime soon. This is what I found when I came home from work today:

Ben has downloaded all kinds of motorcycle-themed apps on his i-touch. This was a new one with videos of people riding motorcycles down roads. Sam was fascinated. Almost in a trance. Another one of his favorites is an app called "Rate My Bike," in which people post pictures of their motorcycles and you are supposed to give them a rating. Sam loves to just scroll through the pictures, saying "motorcycle!" over and over again.

His first motorcycle toy was a little wind-up motorcycle that he loved. He'd have us wind it up and then he'd let it go, while he said "vroom vroom!" But that motorcycle drove off the dining room table a few too many times and ended up breaking in half one day, gears flying everywhere:

R.I.P.


Although he got a few motorcycle-themed toys this Christmas, he still holds his Spiderman motorcycle closest to his heart. He tells Spiderman, "don't fall!" because he's always falling off his tiny motorcycle.

True Love


My friend Liz kindly gives us her boys' hand-me-downs, and look what was in the last batch:

He looks really thrilled (he actually was, though)

And this last picture I just had to include because it was so cute. When we were getting ready for his bath, he took off his shirt and left it like this. Whenever his shirt gets stuck on his head, we always yell out "Sam the nun!" (It's a thing we always did with Emma when she was a baby). Sam thinks it's hilarious.

No comments: