Saturday, January 15, 2011

Slacker

Well, only on the blog front. I've definitely been a blog slacker. Only because I can't slack in my other responsibilities. Except maybe cleaning sometimes. Although a woman I work with who has 3 grown children has told me that she regrets being such a clean freak when her kids were young because she could have spent that time she spent cleaning playing with her kids. I always think of that when I realize that I can write my name in the dust on my furniture and it makes me feel a little better.

The boys are great. Jude likes to do his impersonation of Linda Blair in the Exorcist every couple of days and drown himself, me, and anything around us in spit-up puke. And then look at me and smile. We're taking him for his 6 month check up Monday so maybe they can enlighten me on what's going on with him. Sam is just always saying funny things and is curious about everything. He's also constantly starting family soccer or football games in our foyer. I've played more soccer in the last few days than I have in my life (which, admittedly, is not much).

Today is Jude's 6 month birthday! We can't believe it. He's had a couple firsts in the last few weeks...first cereal and his first tooth broke through this week! Jude's not a big eater. Although he loved the peas I made him, he's "meh" on the butternut squash. Maybe he'll like my sweet potatoes better.

I've been having fun with my super-duper DSLR camera my AWESOME husband got me for Christmas. Since we've had kids, our biggest splurges are things like a night out at the movies, so taking the plunge on this camera was a big deal. But I love taking pictures of my boys, so it will go to good use. Here's just a few of the zillions of pictures I've taken with it!

Sam has really taken to the big brother role. He is so sweet to Jude and also so proud of him. Jude's a big hit with Sam's friends at daycare, and Sam's very protective of him.

Jude's first cereal.

Bathtime Photo Shoot - he hammed it up for the camera for about 40 pictures.

No comments: