Friday, August 13, 2010

The Dude is 4 Weeks Old

Jude is changing every day, it seems. He's really getting big, thanks to the buttermilk it seems I am producing this time around. Ben and I tried to weigh him on our scale and he is at least 9 pounds. He is the most content little baby! And Sam is back to normal and has been very sweet to him. This first week without Ben around during the day has been a joy (I realize that makes it sound like I like not having Ben around - not the case!), except for the miserable heat that's keeping us indoors. I'm looking forward to days when I can take the boys to the park again and not get lightheaded after 30 minutes.

I realized that I have been giving Jude the 2nd child treatment and not taking the thousands of pictures like I did with Sam. So I pulled out the camera today to get some shots:


The burp position. I love how babies look when you hold them this way - all scrunched up!

Sam trying to play with Jude. Jude's thinking, "Oh no, not you again."

I was holding Jude and told Sam to put his head next to Jude's so I could take a picture of the two of them. This is how he interpreted that.

I had to figure out a way to explain it to him so that he finally got it:


We brought up Sam's old swing from the basement. Sam wanted to push Jude in it. Poor Jude.


No comments: