Friday, August 27, 2010

Up and Away

Last weekend, we took the boys to the Air Force Museum in Dayton. Sam really liked it. He told us this was his favorite plane:


Okay, not really, but he did really like this one:


He was scared of going through the inside of this plane when he went through with me, but manned up and went through again with Daddy.


He was really into this rescue helicopter from the Korean War. Kept telling us all about the rotors. I know more now about helicopters than I ever needed to know thanks to Sam's library books on the subject. Today, while he was talking to me about his helicopter book, I guess I was staring at the TV instead of listening to him. He looked at me and said, "Mom, stop watching that. Just watch me." Whoops.


But his favorite part of the entire experience was getting to sit in a cockpit, or "where the pilots sit," as Sam calls it. He was so excited - he's still talking about it almost a week later!

After the museum, we had a delicious dinner at Sue's with Brett and Dianah. Jude got some Uncle Brett and Neenee time in!




No comments: